Monday, August 9, 2010

episode 0007 - come what may...

episode 0007
'come what may...'

evil villain: clutter and lots of it!
hero: canvas and your own imagination

once again we join our hero...
if you've been to my house you know that we call the back room our 'garage' because it is where we dump everything. lately i have been putting everything back there and now it is home to piles and piles of stuff. i have to clear it out. it is nagging at me at all hours of the day and keeping me up at night. i have dreams of it coming to life and consuming my entire house! so, in order to combat this evil i have decided that i must clear out my stuff before i start any new projects! for starters i had this blank canvas just sitting there saying, "paint me! paint me!" so, i did. and here is what i came up with. really, it is nothing original but i wanted to share.

first i painted a base color. silver sage. this color has become popular through restoration hardware. it is one of their signature colors. it's popular with me too and i LUV that store. (just can't afford it. if you want this color in your home, i recommend going to home depot and doing a color match.)

then, on the computer, i made my saying and printed it out. i used the font 'teletype' and used the 'outline' option to save ink. frugal-yes. i scribbled pencil lead (#2 of course) on the back of my paper and then positioned it on the dried canvas. you then trace the letters and it magically transfers on the canvas. (it's like a carbon copy.)
i then painted the letters in with black and orange.
i need to add a little something to the top is what everyone is telling me but not sure what. i am thinking a simple silhouette of birds on a telephone wire or a floral something. (the canvas is about 10" wide and 22" tall)

update: since i scheduled this post i decided what i wanted on the top of the canvas. here it is.so even though i got this out of my 'garage' it is still in my home. soon i will finish and send it to a new home and out of mine. i am on my way to defeating that evil known as 'clutter'.

the story behind this is simple. i have a friend who loves this quote and needed a little pick-me-up. so, i am making this for her. sorry i ruined your surprise! i want her to know that i love her and think that she is an amazing person! life is hard. i am learning that each day as nothing seems easy anymore. everything has it's challenge. but if we focus on loving life, not despite, but, because of it's challenges we will be a happier and more content people. have hope, have faith, come what may, and love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails