Wednesday, June 23, 2010

episode 0003 - baby room art

once again we join our hero...

evil villain: a blank wall
hero: iron-on transfers

here is my latest project. a blank wall in a room can be a huge nemesis. even worse is the cost of art work to put on that wall. it can be daunting. so i am here to save the day. lately i have been trying my hand at various ways to create art work for my girls' room. here is one attempt i created for my sister... well, its not from a thrift store, but it is just a fun and clever idea. (no, i can't take full credit.) i created some images on the computer for my baby sister's baby's room (blah!). (i am addicted to photo shop.) i wanted to have them on a canvas and tried many different ways to accomplish this (various image transfer techniques). i was about to call it quits when, shazam!, i got a brainstorm. i used a fabric iron-on transfer and put it on a canvas. the images were not as crisp as i would have wanted, so, i distressed them a little. they actually turned out great. i can't wait to surprise my baby sister with this cute and modern art for her baby's space. this is my new baby gift idea. (if your looking for a unique idea for a gift and need someone to 'create' some fun art - drop a comment. we can work something out. (sorry for the solicitation but i have to support this addiction somehow or my husband will go crazy, me too, just in a different way.))

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails